Administrative Assistant - Floater | Kitchener
The Administrative Assistant - Floater is responsible for providing administrative support to all staff members and providing coverage for administrative positions within the organization. Duties include but are not limited to: formatting, proofreading, printing and copying of documents, covering reception, meeting minutes, preparing various types of correspondence including proposals, tenders and letters as required.
The Administrative Assistant - Floater reports to the Manager, Facilities and Administration and works closely with all members of the Administrative team as well as with staff across the company on a regular basis. This position also involves regular communication with external contacts such as clients and visitors while performing reception duties.
Provide daily assistance to all Administrative (AA) staff. Coverage of AA staff absences in all Regional offices as required. Responsibilities include:
- Kitchen and coffee duties;
- Production and compilation of reports, tenders, proposals and drawings as required;
- Format, proofread, print, copy and compile various reports, drawings, proposals, letters and other correspondence and documents;
- Ensure all documentation is accurate, meets specifications and project requirements and MTE standards;
- Coordinate logistics for meetings;
- Prepare and distribute weekly scheduling reports;
- Document and drawing scanning and filing; and
- Other related duties as assigned.
Provide coverage for Client Relations Representative (Reception) on a daily basis. Responsibilities include:
- Answering all telephone inquiries, determine the appropriate internal contact and route calls accordingly;
- Greet ingall visitors, sign-in and notifying internal contact of visitors according to MTE procedures;
- Processing and sorting incoming mail for internal or interoffice delivery and completing mail runs as required; preparing and processing outgoing mail;
- Coordinating and processing couriers and shipments;
- Assisting with meeting logistics such as booking boardrooms and ordering food; and
- Other related duties as assigned
Requirements / Skills / Qualifications
- Post Secondary Diploma in Administrative Program or related field;
- Minimum 1 - 2 years of work experience;
- Working knowledge of MSOffice including Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Familiarity with general office equipment;
- Strong customer service orientation;
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines;
- Strong written and verbal communication and comprehension skills; and
- G class driver’s licence and personal vehicle.
How to apply
MTE Consultants Inc.
520 Bingemans Centre Drive
Kitchener, ON N2B 3X9
MTE Consultants will accommodate the needs of qualified applicants under AODA legislation in all parts of the hiring process. Should accommodation be required, please notify our Human Resources department.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies, please.