Administrative Assistant, Environmental | One Year Contract | Kitchener
- Provide administrative support including formatting, proofreading, printing, copying and compiling of various reports, proposals, letters, drawings, figures and other related documents, ensuring all documentation meets client specifications, project requirements and MTE standards;
- Assist with compiling background information on projects and proposals and ensure submissions meet project manager’s requirements;
- Work closely with project managers and division manager to maintain project schedules and track workflow, as needed;
- Assist with ad-hoc reporting to respond to client inquires or to perform internal analysis;
- Coordinate logistics for meetings and attend as required; record and distribute meeting minutes;
- Attend Administrative working group meetings and work closely with other members of the administrative team;
- Process photos and create project-related deliverables ensuring adherence to MTE standards;
- Coordinate travel arrangements for the division, when required;
- Maintain and revise as required, divisional and corporate forms and templates;
- Coordinate orientation schedules and perform administrative orientations for new staff;
- Manage reception duties from time-to-time;
- Complete general housekeeping tasks (e.g. maintaining coffee machine, stocking kitchen, organizing office areas and print room);
- Maintain and order office supplies;
- Troubleshoot issues with the printers;
- Maintain collection of insurance certificates of subcontractors; and
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Post-Secondary education in an Office Administration, Business Administration, or a related field;
- Minimum of five years of related experience; working in a senior administrative capacity is preferred;
- Experience working within an engineering or science related environment is preferred;
- Strong interpersonal skills involving an ability to problem solve and resolve conflict in varied interactions with external clients and internal staff;
- Ability to exercise tact and discretion in dealing with confidential issues;
- Positive attitude;
- Ability to take initiative and to multi-task in a fast paced, deadline driven environment characterized by changing priorities while attending to details;
- Strong written and verbal communication and comprehension skills;
- Organizational and time management skills;
- Accuracy and attention to detail;
- Familiarity with general office equipment including multi-line phone systems, photocopiers, binding machines, etc.; and
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook) and ability to learn new computer programs or software.
How to apply
MTE Consultants Inc.
520 Bingemans Centre Drive
Kitchener, ON N2B 3X9
MTE Consultants will accommodate the needs of all applicants under the AODA legislation in all parts of the hiring process including recruitment. Should accommodation be required, please notify our Human Resources department.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No agencies, please.