CAD Technologist (Legal Surveys) | Kitchener
- Assist with completion of accurate legal surveys, topographical surveys and construction layouts of underground services, roads, grading, and buildings.
- Preparation of Reference Plans, Condominium Plans, Subdivision Plans and Surveyor's Real Property Reports, etc.
- Assist with preparation of survey notes, grade sheets and calculations for construction layouts.
- Communicate with surveyors and contractors to complete survey tasks.
- CAD drafting for legal and civil engineering projects, as needed.
- Assisting survey crews with field work, as needed.
- Other related duties, as assigned.
- Graduate from a Geomatics Engineering Technology or Civil Engineering Technology program or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years experience in a similar role.
- Experience with preparation of grading and earthworks plans, survey plans, and survey calculations using AutoCAD and Civil 3D software.
- Experience with Trimble Business Centre, and other survey calculation software.
- Basic familiarity with laser / optical levels, total stations and GPS survey equipment.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with strict deadlines in both a team environment and independently.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, to meet contractor hours and project deadlines.
How to apply
MTE Consultants Inc.
520 Bingemans Centre Drive
Kitchener, ON N2B 3X9
MTE Consultants will accommodate the needs of qualified applicants under AODA legislation in all parts of the hiring process. Should accommodation be required, please notify our Human Resources department.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No agencies, please.