CAD Technologist, Structural Engineering | Kitchener
- Prepare structural, and occasionally architectural drawings including plans, elevations, sections and details for a wide variety of commercial, industrial and residential building projects using current Autodesk CAD and Revit software.
- Assist with field review of projects at the construction stage.
- Assist with review of shop drawings, as needed.
- Assist with Building Code (OBC) analysis and building permit process.
- The ideal candidate will have a desire to acquire project management skills and be able to lead projects from client needs assessment and project definition to construction completion.
- Additional duties, as assigned.
- Diploma in Architectural Construction or Civil Engineering Technology (structural focus).
- 1 to 5 years of experience in a similar role.
- Extensive experience with CAD, and a working knowledge of Revit modelling.
- Preference will be given to candidates with a C.E.T. designation or who are eligible for their C.E.T. designation.
- Working knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Understanding of applicable design standards and general engineering principles.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently on concurrent projects.
How to apply
MTE Consultants Inc.
520 Bingemans Centre Drive
Kitchener, ON N2B 3X9
MTE Consultants will accommodate the needs of all applicants under the AODA legislation in all parts of the hiring process including recruitment. Should accommodation be required, please notify our Human Resources department.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No agencies, please.