Contract Administrator, Civil Engineering | Kitchener
- Project administration and liaison with contractors, clients and municipalities ensuring day to day operations are achieved with ultimate goal to obtain building permits and/or complete contract items.
- Support Inspectors with providing quality assurance inspection of Land Development projects, in accordance with applicable Ontario Provincial Standard Specifications, Region of Waterloo Standards, Municipal Standards and MTE specifications.
- Review site reports prepared by Inspectors, including but not limited to, erosion and sediment reports, inspection reports and water / sewer testing reports for submission to municipalities.
- Monitor geotechnical services for inspection and testing of construction projects, providing third party testing as per subdivision agreements with Municipalities.
- Prepare contract payment certificates, review and approve invoices for various surface work projects including geotechnical inspection and testing services.
- Conduct inspections and correspondence with municipalities for acceptance of underground services, road works and surface works providing documentation in accordance with Schedule D for submission and formal acceptance.
- Monitor and coordinate surface works including concrete works, street trees, CCTV inspections, surface asphalt, and pavement markings following the issue of building permits, as per requirements by municipalities.
- Communication with builders, contractors, and government agencies to confirm standards, problem solve conflicts and provide project progress updates.
- Attend internal and external project meetings, ensuring regular/consistent communication with office, contractors and clients.
- Diploma or Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Minimum 10 - 15 years related working experience.
- General knowledge and understanding of construction safety, the Occupational Health & Safety Act, Ontario Regulations for Construction Projects, and other applicable codes, standards and guidelines.
- Understanding of survey principles.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Time management and organizational skills.
- Licensed Professional , P.Eng or C.E.T. designation is considered an asset.
- Required to have access to a vehicle and a valid driver’s license for travel to project sites. Mileage will be reimbursed for work related travel.
How to apply
MTE Consultants Inc.
520 Bingemans Centre Drive
Kitchener, ON N2B 3X9
MTE Consultants will accommodate the needs of all applicants under the AODA legislation in all parts of the hiring process including recruitment. Should accommodation be required, please notify our Human Resources department.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No agencies, please.