Design Engineer | London
- Perform engineering design and analysis including storm and sanitary design, site grading design, water distribution system design, and storm water management modelling.
- Complete design calculations based on engineering principles, meeting applicable regulatory codes and standards, and convey design information to CAD staff for drafting completion.
- Responsible for reviewing and sealing plans and reports.
- Evaluate project information to identify possible design solutions, coordinate and communicate with the Project Manager, clients and consultants to ensure design will work within the overall scope of the project.
- Technical report preparation.
- Attend and participate in project team meetings and coordinate with team members to ensure efficient and timely delivery of project deliverables.
- Other related duties, as assigned.
- Post secondary degree in Engineering, Applied Science or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of related work experience.
- Professional Engineer's designation (P.Eng.)
- Strong knowledge of engineering principals and design standards.
- Excellent technical report writing skills, as well as written and verbal communication and comprehension skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Strong problem solving skills accompanied by attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of MS Office software, including Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Familiarity with various civil design software, including Civil 3D.
How to apply
MTE Consultants Inc.
520 Bingemans Centre Drive
Kitchener, ON N2B 3X9
MTE Consultants will accommodate the needs of qualified applicants under AODA legislation in all parts of the hiring process. Should accommodation be required, please notify our Human Resources department.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No agencies, please.