Designer, Structural Engineering | Kitchener
- Develop detailed structural designs for a variety of structural engineering projects including institutional, commercial and industrial building structures.
- Perform engineering calculations and designs based on engineering principles and technical skill, experience, innovation, and engineering judgment, to transform project scope from concept design to construction, meeting applicable regulatory codes and standards.
- Evaluate project information to identify possible design solutions, coordinate and communicate with the Project Manager, clients and consultants to ensure design will work within the overall scope of the project.
- Other related duties, as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering.
- Professional Engineer designation (P.Eng.) or Engineer in Training (EIT).
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
- Solid understanding of building structural design, the Ontario Building Code, the building permit processes, and applicable regulations, standards and legislation related to structural engineering projects.
- Strong understanding of structural analysis and design software, Auto CAD and Revit software.
- Working knowledge of MS Office, including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organization skills.
- Experience with technical report writing.
How to apply
MTE Consultants Inc.
520 Bingemans Centre Drive
Kitchener, ON N2B 3X9
MTE Consultants will accommodate the needs of qualified applicants under AODA legislation in all parts of the hiring process. Should accommodation be required, please notify our Human Resources department.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No agencies, please.