Engineering Administrative Assistant | Land Development | Kitchener
We are seeking an experienced and energetic technical administrative professional to provide support to the Land Development Division and Division Manager. This position requires a high level of confidentiality, sound judgment, diplomacy, and understanding of the organization’s strategic priorities and the ability to thrive in a fast paced team environment.
This position works closely with engineering staff to prepare comprehensive project submissions within expected timeframes, with a strong emphasis on administrative duties including project documentation.
- Provide administrative support including formatting, proofreading, printing, copying and compiling of various reports, proposals, letters, drawings, spreadsheets and other related documents, ensuring all documentation meets client specifications, project requirements and MTE standards, for a variety of engineering projects.
- Assist project managers in preparing proposals, submissions, administering project schedules and project team meetings as needed.
- Work with managers in organizing external and internal project meetings, and assist in preparing and distributing meeting minutes as required.
- Coordinate and schedule divisional meetings and take detailed minutes and distribute as needed.
- Coordinate and schedule the Division Manager’s attendance to meetings and events, preparing meeting agendas as required.
- Screen and prioritize incoming mail, emails and voicemails for the Division Manager.
- Respond to and draft routine communications for the Division Manager, as directed.
- Ensures proper management of project files, adhering to correct naming conventions and record keeping procedures.
- Maintain and revise as required, divisional and corporate forms and templates.
- Perform administrative orientations for new staff within the office.
- Process photos and create project-related CD’s ensuring adherence to MTE standards.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Post Secondary education in Office Administration, Business Administration, Engineering Technology or a related field.
- Minimum of five years of related experience; working in a senior administrative capacity is preferred.
- Experience working within an engineering or science related environment is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills involving an ability to problem solve and resolve conflict in varied interactions with external clients and internal staff.
- Ability to exercise tact and discretion in dealing with confidential issues.
- Ability to take initiative and to multi-task in a fast paced environment characterized by changing priorities while attending to details.
- Strong written and verbal communication and comprehension skills.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Familiarity with the Land Development process would be considered an asset.
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook) and ability to learn new computer programs or software.
How to apply
MTE Consultants Inc.
520 Bingemans Centre Drive
Kitchener, ON N2B 3X9
MTE Consultants will accommodate the needs of qualified applicants under AODA legislation in all parts of the hiring process. Should accommodation be required, please notify our Human Resources department.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No agencies, please.