Environmental Engineer-in-Training | Kitchener
- Responsible for various activities relating to environmental permitting and compliance projects including: Approvals under Section 9 of the Environmental Protection Act (EPA) specifically Environmental Compliance Approvals (ECAs) and Environmental Activity and Sector Registrations (EASRs); National Pollutant Release Inventory (NPRI) reporting; Toxic Substance Reduction Planning; and Environmental Compliance Auditing.
- Proposal preparation.
- Client and regulatory liaison.
- Field activities.
- Data analysis and interpretation.
- Technical report preparation.
- Other related duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental, Chemical, Industrial or Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum 2 - 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Currently working towards P.Eng. designation. Preference will be given to candidates who current hold a P.Eng. designation.
- Working knowledge of emission sources, atmospheric dispersion modelling, properties of gases and vapours, and auxiliary equipment (hoods, ducts, fans, etc.).
- Knowledge of the environmental approvals process in Ontario, complimented by an understanding of applicable acts, regulations, by-laws and guidelines.
- Must have strong verbal / written communication skills and the ability to communicate clearly with a variety of individuals (e.g., project managers, laboratories, subcontractors and clients).
- Must be reliable, well organized and have a strong attention to detail.
- Strong time management skills, problem solving skills and decision making abilities.
- Valid Driver’s license and travel to project sites is required. Mileage for work-related travel will be reimbursed.
How to apply
MTE Consultants Inc.
520 Bingemans Centre Drive
Kitchener, ON N2B 3X9
MTE Consultants will accommodate the needs of qualified applicants under AODA legislation in all parts of the hiring process. Should accommodation be required, please notify our Human Resources department.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No agencies, please.