Intermediate / Senior Environmental Engineer or Geoscientist | Burlington or Kitchener
- Design Phase I and Phase II Environmental Site Assessments (in accordance with CSA Standards as well as Ontario Regulation 153/04), soil/groundwater remediation programs and spill response activities.
- File Records of Site Condition.
- Complete technical reviews of projects to ensure compliance with client objectives, regulatory requirements and technical standards (QA/QC assessment of data and reports).
- Provide technical input regarding environmental issues on multi-disciplinary projects.
- Prepare work plans and cost estimates and act as project technical lead.
- Liaise with clients, regulatory agencies and contractors.
- Provide technical direction and mentoring to junior staff.
- Develop technical knowledge within the Division, including input into staff training and development/updating of standard operating procedures.
- Interact with staff on emerging trends in the environmental consulting industry, MOECC expectations, regulatory changes, etc.
- Perform business development activities, manage projects and clients.
- Other related duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental or Civil Engineering, or Geology / Hydrogeology or equivalent.
- Minimum 8 years of relevant post-graduation experience.
- Member in good standing with Professional Engineers Ontario, with P. Eng. designation, or the Association of Professional Geoscientists of Ontario, with P. Geo. designation.
- Qualified Person, Environmental Site Assessment (QPESA).
- Experience with Brownfields / contaminated sites, remediation, environmental site assessment and transactional due diligence.
- Soil vapour assessment, Risk Assessment and/or environmental permitting / compliance experience would be considered an asset.
- Understanding of hydrogeology, contaminant transport and geology.
- Comprehensive understanding of applicable regulatory requirements (e.g. Ontario Regulation 153/04 and filing of Records of Site Condition) and general environmental engineering practices and processes.
- General understanding of construction practices, earthworks, and development approvals process.
- Working knowledge of the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
- Proficiency with software applications (i.e. MS Office, Project Management software, etc.)
- Attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong time management and mentoring skills.
How to apply
MTE Consultants Inc.
520 Bingemans Centre Drive
Kitchener, ON N2B 3X9
MTE Consultants will accommodate the needs of all applicants under the AODA legislation in all parts of the hiring process including recruitment. Should accommodation be required, please notify our Human Resources department.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No agencies, please.