Environmental Scientist | Burlington
- Conduct a variety of field sampling and data collection activities to support Phase I and Phase II Environmental Site Assessments, UST removals, site remediation projects and Risk Assessments;
- Coordination and communication with subcontractors including drillers, excavators, utility locators and laboratories;
- Compilation, tabulation and evaluation of analytical data with accuracy;
- Preparation of technical reports in consultation with the project manager or other more senior environmental professional;
- Attend and participate in project or client meetings, as required;
- Participate in Proposal preparation including preparation of cost estimates and proposal text, and compilation of supporting information;
- Comply with MTE’s company policies and procedures pertaining to administration, I.T., finance and health and safety; and
- Other related duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Environmental Engineering, Earth Sciences, Hydrogeology or similar;
- 1-5 years of relevant work experience;
- Currently registered for or have future eligibility for a P.Eng. or P.Geo. designation an asset;
- Experience in sample collection and with the use of field equipment;
- Technical understanding of provincial (Ontario) regulations and industry standard practices related to environmental site assessment, including an understanding of O.Reg.153/04 (Records of Site Condition) and CSA Standards for Phase I ESA and Phase II ESAs;
- Knowledge of soil classification, contaminant transport, hydrogeology and environmental site assessment;
- Working knowledge of the Occupational Health & Safety Act;
- Proficiency with standard software applications (MS Office);
- Must have strong verbal/written communication skills and the ability to communicate clearly with a variety of individuals (e.g., project managers, laboratories, subcontractors and clients);
- Must be reliable, well organized and have a strong attention to detail;
- Strong time management skills, problem solving skills and decision making abilities; and
- Valid Driver’s license and vehicle to travel to project sites is required. Mileage for work related travel will be reimbursed.
How to apply
MTE Consultants Inc.
520 Bingemans Centre Drive
Kitchener, ON N2B 3X9
MTE Consultants will accommodate the needs of all applicants under the AODA legislation in all parts of the hiring process including recruitment. Should accommodation be required, please notify our Human Resources department.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No agencies, please.