Environmental Scientist, Groundwater Resources | Kitchener
- Responsibility for a broad range of field activities associated with hydrogeological assessments, surface water assessments, water supply studies, Permits To Take Water, Environmental Compliance Approvals, and contaminated site assessments;
- Data analysis, interpretation, and reporting (i.e. Hydrogeological Investigations and Groundwater Monitoring Reports);
- Liaise with clients and regulatory agencies;
- Contractor coordination; and
- Other related duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Earth Sciences, Water Resources Engineering (or equivalent), with course work specializing in hydrogeology, contaminant transport, hydrology or geology;
- 0-3 years of experience in a similar role (work term experience acceptable);
- Eligible for P.Geo, or P.Eng. designation is considered an asset;
- Working knowledge of the Ontario Water Resources Act, Environmental Protection Act and other applicable federal and provincial acts, regulations, and guidelines;
- Experience completing stream profiles and velocity calculations;
- Knowledge of groundwater and surface water interactions;
- Knowledge of soil and bedrock classification;
- Experience completing hydraulic conductivity tests and estimating hydraulic conductivity;
- Experience mapping groundwater flow direction and calculating groundwater gradients (vertical and horizontal);
- Proficiency with software applications (i.e. MS Word and Excel);
- Experience with GIS, AutoCAD and Aquifer Test an asset;
- Attention to detail;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong time management skills;
- Extended time in the field is required year round;
- Experience working in gravel pits and/or quarries an asset;
- Must be able to lift equipment between 50 to 60 lbs.;
- Regular travel to project sites is required. Mileage for work related travel will be reimbursed; and
- Valid G License.
How to apply
MTE Consultants Inc.
520 Bingemans Centre Drive
Kitchener, ON N2B 3X9
MTE Consultants will accommodate the needs of all applicants under the AODA legislation in all parts of the hiring process including recruitment. Should accommodation be required, please notify our Human Resources department.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No agencies, please.