Environmental Scientist | Groundwater Resources | Kitchener
- Responsible for a broad range of activities including hydrogeological assessments, surface water assessments, water supply studies, water taking permits, and contaminated site assessments.
- Data analysis and interpretation.
- Technical report preparation.
- Liaise with clients, regulatory agencies, and contractors.
- Contractor coordination.
- Field activities.
- Other related duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Earth Sciences, Water Resources Engineering (or equivalent), with course work specializing in hydrogeology, contaminant transport, hydrology or geology.
- Minimum 1 - 3 years of experience in a similar role (work term experience acceptable.)
- Eligible for P.Geo, or P.Eng. designation.
- Understanding of the Ontario Water Resources Act, Environmental Protection Act and other applicable federal and provincial acts, regulations, and guidelines.
- Working knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Proficiency with software applications (i.e. MS Office, Project Management software, etc.)
- Attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- Regular travel to project sites is required. Mileage for work related travel will be reimbursed.
- Knowledge of numerical modeling programs such as MODFLOW, FEFLOW is not required, although a definite asset.
How to apply
MTE Consultants Inc.
520 Bingemans Centre Drive
Kitchener, ON N2B 3X9
MTE Consultants will accommodate the needs of qualified applicants under AODA legislation in all parts of the hiring process. Should accommodation be required, please notify our Human Resources department.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No agencies, please.