Facilities Assistant | Kitchener
- Perform maintenance tasks, and/or supervise sub-contractors, for all regional office locations. (i.e. Inventory, Plumbing, Electrical, HVAC, Purchasing, Elevators etc.);
- Sets priorities for preventative maintenance work orders, maintenance requisitions and scheduled work;
- Conduct monthly facility walk-throughs (including workspaces, elevators, etc.) of all office locations for maintenance related issues, including recommending resolutions;
- Liaise\Monitor sub-consultants and service contracts for such services as confidential paper shredding, outdoor landscaping, waste and recycling, signage, coffee service, janitorial, etc.;
- Review work orders to ensure that assignments are completed;
- Assist with renovations and/or new construction;
- Coordinate desk allocations/equipment during the onboarding of new staff;
- Assist with internal/inter-office moves (coordinate movers, relocation deficiencies);
- Assist in and maintains emergency evacuation plans for all regional offices, and conducts annual fire drills;
- Develops and maintains detail floor plans (wall/door locations, room sizes and furniture layouts);
- Assist with space planning; and
- Other duties as assigned or needed.
- 2-year Post-Secondary Diploma in Facilities Management preferred;
- 1-3 years of related work experience;
- Computer literacy and a working knowledge of MS Windows, word processing, and spreadsheets are expected;
- Understanding of health and safety laws and regulations;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Time management and organizational skills;
- Customer serviced oriented;
- Ability to lift <50 lbs; and
- Valid G license and travel is required to all office locations.
How to apply
MTE Consultants Inc.
520 Bingemans Centre Drive
Kitchener, ON N2B 3X9
MTE Consultants will accommodate the needs of all applicants under the AODA legislation in all parts of the hiring process including recruitment. Should accommodation be required, please notify our Human Resources department.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No agencies, please.