Geotechnical Engineer-in-Training | Stratford
We are searching for a Geotechnical Engineer-in-Training to join our Geotechnical team in Stratford. The successful applicant will be part of a new service line poised for growth.
- Conduct fieldwork associated with a wide range of investigations including drilling and test pitting.
- Compaction testing of soil and asphalt using a nuclear gauge, concrete testing, aggregate sampling and other geotechnical inspections.
- Aggregate laboratory testing.
- Onsite reporting and coordination.
- Prepare geotechnical engineering reports under the supervision of a licensed geotechnical engineer.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil or geotechnical engineering (Master’s degree in geotechnical engineering is considered an asset).
- Registered as an EIT through PEO, working towards P.Eng. designation.
- 1 to 5 years of related work experience.
- CCIL – Category “0” Concrete Technician, is considered an asset.
- CCIL – Category “C’ Aggregate technician, is considered an asset.
- Team player with ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong technical report writing skills.
- Strong skills in MS Office software, including Word and Excel, and other programs including AutoCAD and Geo-Slope.
- Exceptional problem solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Valid Driver’s License and access to a reliable vehicle; vehicle must carry nuclear densometer insurance.
- Successful Criminal Records Check which has been completed within 6 months of start date.
How to apply
MTE Consultants Inc.
520 Bingemans Centre Drive
Kitchener, ON N2B 3X9
MTE Consultants will accommodate the needs of qualified applicants under AODA legislation in all parts of the hiring process. Should accommodation be required, please notify our Human Resources department.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No agencies, please.