Inspector, Civil Engineering | Burlington
- Provide quality assurance inspections of Land Development and Site Plan projects, in accordance with applicable Ontario Provincial Standard Specifications, Ontario Building Code, Regional Standards, Municipal Standards and MTE specifications.
- Prepare construction reports, including but not limited to, erosion and sediment reports, inspection reports, site reports, testing reports and daily records for submission to Municipalities.
- Survey and record elevations of installed underground services, road works and lot grading certification, providing documentation of as-built information for submission to Municipalities.
- Coordinate geotechnical services for inspection and testing of construction projects, providing third party testing as per subdivision agreements with Municipalities.
- Monitor and coordinate surface works including concrete works, tree planting, CCTV inspections, surface asphalt, and pavement markings following the issue of building permits, as per requirements by Municipalities.
- Communicate with builders, contractors, and government agencies to confirm standards, problem solve conflicts and provide progress updates on projects.
- Regular communication with contractors while on site.
- Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology.
- Minimum 3-5 years related working experience.
- General knowledge and understanding of construction safety, the Occupational Health & Safety Act, Ontario Regulations for Construction Projects, and other applicable codes, standards and guidelines.
- General understanding of survey principles.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Time management and organizational skills.
- C.E.T. designation or pursuing C.E.T. designation is considered an asset.
- Water Quality Analyst certification is considered an asset.
- Required to have access to a vehicle and a valid driver’s license for travel to project sites. Mileage will be reimbursed for work related travel.
How to apply
MTE Consultants Inc.
520 Bingemans Centre Drive
Kitchener, ON N2B 3X9
MTE Consultants will accommodate the needs of all applicants under the AODA legislation in all parts of the hiring process including recruitment. Should accommodation be required, please notify our Human Resources department.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No agencies, please.