Inspector | Water / Wastewater | Municipal | Kitchener
- Conduct onsite inspections of water / wastewater pumping and treatment systems including piping, equipment, valves, underground services and concrete structures in accordance with applicable Ontario Provincial Standards, Regional Standards, Municipal Standards and MTE specifications.
- Complete quantity measurements and daily written reports.
- Oversee test pit excavation and conduct soil sampling.
- Monitor contractor’s activities and progress as per requirements of Municipalities.
- Regular interaction with contactors while working on site.
- Communicate with contractors, and government agencies to confirm standards, problem solve and provide progress updates on projects.
- Survey and record elevations of installed underground services and structures, providing documentation of as-built information for submission to Municipalities.
- Prepare progress payment certificates.
- Investigate and / or troubleshoot construction issues and conflicts.
- Provide design and constructability feedback and suggestions to Designers, Design Engineers and Project Managers.
- Schedule and coordinate specialized inspections and materials testing by others.
- Assist with treatment and pumping equipment start-up and commissioning.
- Identify deficiencies and follow-up to ensure contractor rectifies deficiencies.
- Other related duties, as assigned.
- 3 Year Post Secondary Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology.
- 0 - 2 years of related working experience (including co-op experience).
- Working towards C.E.T. designation.
- General knowledge and understanding of construction safety, per the Occupational Health & Safety Act and Regulations for Construction Projects.
- Working knowledge of the Ontario Building Code (OBC).
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication, and comprehension skills.
- Time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings.
* Required to have your own vehicle and a valid driver's license in good standing. Mileage will be reimbursed for work related travel.
How to apply
MTE Consultants Inc.
520 Bingemans Centre Drive
Kitchener, ON N2B 3X9
MTE Consultants will accommodate the needs of qualified applicants under AODA legislation in all parts of the hiring process. Should accommodation be required, please notify our Human Resources department.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No agencies, please.