Intermediate Environmental Engineer or Geoscientist | Environmental, Site Assessment & Remediation | Kitchener
- Technical responsibility for the design of Phase I and Phase II Site Environmental Site Assessments (CSA Standard as well as O. Reg. 153/04), tank removals, investigations to support Risk Assessments, soil and groundwater remediation programs, soil vapour assessments, and spill response activities.
- QA / QC assessment of data to ensure that reliable decisions can be made.
- Technical review of projects to ensure compliance with client requirements, regulatory standards, technical proficiency, risk management, and overall quality control.
- Provide technical input regarding environmental issues on multi-disciplinary projects.
- Prepare work plans, proposals and cost estimates.
- Liaise with clients, regulatory agencies, and contractors.
- Provide technical direction and mentoring to junior staff.
- Continued development of technical knowledge base, including input into staff training, and development / updating of standard operating procedures.
- Interaction with other technical staff with respect to emerging trends, MOECC expectations, etc.
- Other related duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering, or Geology / Hydrogeology or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 - 10 years of relevant post-graduation experience.
- Member in good standing with Professional Engineers Ontario, with P. Eng. designation, or the Association of Professional Geoscientists of Ontario, with P. Geo. Designation.
- Experience with brownfields, contaminated sites, remediation, soil vapour assessments, Risk Assessments, transactional due diligence and environmental site assessment.
- Firm understanding of hydrogeology, contaminant transport and geology.
- Technical understanding of applicable government standards and general environmental engineering practices, processes, and legislative regulations, including a solid understanding of Regulation 153/04 (as amended) and the filing of Records of Site Condition.
- Good understanding of construction practices, earthworks and the development approvals process.
- Working knowledge of the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
- Proficiency with software applications (i.e. MS Office, Project Management software, etc).
- Attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong time management and mentoring skills.
How to apply
MTE Consultants Inc.
520 Bingemans Centre Drive
Kitchener, ON N2B 3X9
MTE Consultants will accommodate the needs of qualified applicants under AODA legislation in all parts of the hiring process. Should accommodation be required, please notify our Human Resources department.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No agencies, please.