Ontario Land Surveyor (O.L.S.) | Kitchener
- Work closely with a team of surveyors, engineers and technologists to deliver land survey and engineering projects including reference plans, subdivisions, condominiums, Surveyor’s Real Property Reports, and construction layout.
- Research project-related background information, and contact appropriate reviewing agencies where required.
- Develop a thorough understanding of constructability issues and provide guidance through site instructions, change notices, etc., to contractors in order to deal with discrepancies or changes during construction.
- Oversee, prepare and review of survey documents.
- Participate in the preparation of proposals.
- Obtain permits and approvals, as required.
- Report directly to our Manager of Legal Surveys..
- Other related duties as assumed by an OLS, as assigned
- Licensed Ontario Land Surveyor in good standing with the Association of Ontario Land Surveyors.
- Strong knowledge of surveying and engineering principles and design standards.
- General familiarity with a broad field of engineering and surveying, and knowledge of reciprocal effects of the work upon other fields.
- Technical report writing skills, as well as written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of MS Office, including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Civil 3D software, or other drafting/graphic software, as specified by the Division.
- Access to a vehicle for work related travel is required. Our clients take us across southwestern Ontario, with the majority of our projects being in the Waterloo Region, Stratford and London areas.
How to apply
MTE Consultants Inc.
520 Bingemans Centre Drive
Kitchener, ON N2B 3X9
MTE Consultants will accommodate the needs of all applicants under the AODA legislation in all parts of the hiring process including recruitment. Should accommodation be required, please notify our Human Resources department.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No agencies, please.