Project Manager, Municipal Engineering | Water / Wastewater | Kitchener
- Preparation and submission of water and wastewater proposals and Letters of Interest for primarily municipal clients.
- Project Management for projects ranging in fees from tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands.
- Client development including participation in industry events, membership in industry associations and informal outreach to clients.
- Scheduling and coordinating staff including designers, surveyors, estimators, field samplers, inspectors and CAD staff.
- Liaison with clients and approval agencies including both written and verbal communications.
- Managing project schedules including obtaining approvals.
- General design reviews based on engineering principles for various water and wastewater projects to ensure that client needs are met.
- Assist with preparation of technical design reports and memos.
- Oversee and assist with preparation of cost estimates and technical specifications.
- Arrange and lead project team meetings and coordinate with team members to ensure efficient and timely delivery of project deliverables.
- Arrange field work, surveying, sampling and construction inspections as needed.
- Other related duties, as assigned.
- 4-year degree in Civil Engineering. Post-graduate degree would be an asset.
- 5 - 10 years of related work experience, specifically with design and project management for water and wastewater projects.
- Good knowledge of municipal and industrial wastewater treatment, process modeling and design, pumping stations, as well as potable water treatment, storage and distribution.
- Good knowledge of project management techniques including Work Breakdown Structure, GANTT Scheduling, identifying and managing scope creep, invoicing and managing accounts receivable.
- Excellent proposal writing and client management skills.
- Professional Engineer designation (P.Eng.)
- Strong report writing skills, as well as written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Strong problem solving skills accompanied by attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of MS Office software, including Outlook, Excel and Word. Familiarity with MS Project would be an asset.
How to apply
MTE Consultants Inc.
520 Bingemans Centre Drive
Kitchener, ON N2B 3X9
MTE Consultants will accommodate the needs of all applicants under the AODA legislation in all parts of the hiring process including recruitment. Should accommodation be required, please notify our Human Resources department.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No agencies, please.