Project Principal | Building Restoration | Burlington
- Act as technical lead on projects and be responsible for technical review of documents produced by other project managers and junior staff.
- Undertake investigations and prepare technical reports for parking garages, roofing, building envelope, leakage assessments
- Prepare specifications and manage tendering process.
- Procure new projects and clients through identifying business development opportunities and leading proposal efforts.
- Attend industry events and help increase MTE’s technical profile in the industry.
- Contribute to development of internal technical practice systems and training of junior staff.
- Expedite projects from inception through the investigation, specification and construction stage.
- Ensure timely and accurate invoicing, monitor receivables and be responsible for the financial health of the project.
- Through project management you continually seek opportunities to increase client satisfaction and to develop lasting client relationships.
- This position is based within MTE’s Burlington office. Travel to project sites across southwestern Ontario is required. Mileage will be reimbursed for work related travel.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering with specialization in Building Science.
- Minimum of +10 years of related experience as a consultant in building science.
- P.Eng. designation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including technical writing and presentation skills.
- Excellent multi-tasking skills and adaptability to shifting priorities.
- Strong organizational skills.
- A team player approach to problem solving.
- The successful candidate must possess a valid class G driver’s license.
How to apply
MTE Consultants Inc.
520 Bingemans Centre Drive
Kitchener, ON N2B 3X9
MTE Consultants will accommodate the needs of all applicants under the AODA legislation in all parts of the hiring process including recruitment. Should accommodation be required, please notify our Human Resources department.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No agencies, please.