Senior Environmental Engineer, Hydrogeologist or Geoscientist | Environmental, Site Assessment & Remediation | Kitchener
- Technical responsibility for the design of Phase I and Phase II Site Environmental Site Assessments (CSA Standard as well as O. Reg. 153/04), tank removals, investigations to support Risk Assessments, soil and groundwater remediation programs, soil vapour assessments, excess soil management, spill response activities, and filing of Records of Site Condition.
- QA / QC assessment of data, investigative approach and client needs to ensure that reliable decisions can be made.
- Technical review of projects to ensure compliance with client requirements, regulatory standards, technical proficiency, risk management, and overall quality control.
- Provide technical input regarding environmental issues on multi-disciplinary projects.
- Prepare work plans, proposals and cost estimates.
- Liaise with clients, regulatory agencies, and contractors.
- Providing technical direction and mentoring to junior and intermediate technical and project management staff.
- Continued development of technical knowledge base, including input into staff training, and development / updating of standard operating procedures.
- Communication with other technical staff with respect to emerging trends, regulatory expectations, etc.
- Other related duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering, Geology / Hydrogeology (or equivalent).
- Minimum 12 - 15 years of relevant post-graduation experience.
- Member in good standing with Professional Engineers Ontario, with P. Eng. designation, or the Association of Professional Geoscientists of Ontario, with P. Geo. Designation.
- Experience with brownfields, transactional due diligence, Risk Assessments, risk mitigation, and environmental site assessment projects.
- Solid understanding of hydrogeology, contaminant transport / migration and geology.
- Technical understanding of applicable government standards and general environmental engineering practices, processes, and legislative regulations, including detailed understanding of Regulation 153/04 (as amended) and the filing of Records of Site Condition.
- Ability to prepare contract or form of tender documents for remediation projects, and critically evaluate contractor bid packages.
- Good understanding of construction practices and earthworks.
- Working knowledge of the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
- Proficiency with software applications (i.e. MS Office, Project Management software, etc).
- Attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong time management and mentoring skills.
- Knowledge of Environmental Compliance Approvals is not essential but would be an asset.
- Regular travel to project sites is required. Mileage for work related travel will be reimbursed.
How to apply
MTE Consultants Inc.
520 Bingemans Centre Drive
Kitchener, ON N2B 3X9
MTE Consultants will accommodate the needs of qualified applicants under AODA legislation in all parts of the hiring process. Should accommodation be required, please notify our Human Resources department.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No agencies, please.