Survey Technician (Crew Chief Legal Surveys) | Kitchener
- Perform duties of a Legal Survey Party Chief in successfully completing the field work on assigned jobs in accordance with the industry regulations and MTE OLS procedures and technical standards.
- Perform data preparation, measurements and calculations, communicating any issues, errors or concerns back to the office staff, prepare clear and accurate field notes as per the AOLS guidelines.
- Operate and set up survey equipment / instruments including levels, Total Stations, data collectors, GPS etc.
- Inspect and maintain field equipment.
- Ensure a clean and orderly work environment.
- Adhere to all Health and Safety Policies and Regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate from a Geomatics Engineering Technology or Civil Engineering Technology program or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years experience in a similar Survey Crew Chief role.
- Experience with survey instrument operation.
- Experience with Trimble Business Centre, and other survey calculation software.
- Working knowledge of laser / optical levels, total stations and GPS survey equipment.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with strict deadlines in both a team environment and independently.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- The successful candidate must possess a valid class G driver's license.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, to meet contractor hours and project deadlines.
- Will be required to work in varying weather conditions outdoors and will be required to carry survey equipment including but not limited to Total stations, levels, bars and stakes.
How to apply
MTE Consultants Inc.
520 Bingemans Centre Drive
Kitchener, ON N2B 3X9
MTE Consultants will accommodate the needs of qualified applicants under AODA legislation in all parts of the hiring process. Should accommodation be required, please notify our Human Resources department.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No agencies, please.