Toxicologist / Risk Assessor | Kitchener
- Conduct literature searches.
- Collect, collate and summarize analytical data.
- Complete quality assurance checks of technical material.
- Complete all aspects of a risk assessment (problem formulation, exposure assessment, hazard assessment and risk characterization).
- Conduct chemical fate and transport modelling.
- Preparation of reports and assessments as well as the review, evaluation and interpretation of published toxicology and related environmental assessment data.
- Develop and maintain contacts with clients and regulators.
- Work towards developing project management skills as experience increases.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in human or ecological toxicology or a related field.
- 1-3 years of work experience in risk assessments related to contaminated sites or standards setting is considered an asset.
- Background in Human Health Risk Assessment, Environmental Toxicology, and some understanding of Ontario and Canadian environmental policies / guidelines / regulations pertaining to contaminated sites.
- Excellent data research skills with both conventional and electronic literature combined with strong analytical, statistical and data management skills are required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office products (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) for the development of detailed technical spreadsheets.
- Attention to detail.
- Works well independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
How to apply
MTE Consultants Inc.
520 Bingemans Centre Drive
Kitchener, ON N2B 3X9
MTE Consultants will accommodate the needs of all applicants under the AODA legislation in all parts of the hiring process including recruitment. Should accommodation be required, please notify our Human Resources department.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No agencies, please.