Water Resources Engineer, Civil Engineering | Kitchener
As a Water Resources Engineer, you will work on a variety of projects including hydrologic modeling, sizing of storm water management facilities, hydraulic modeling of water courses (creeks / rivers) and infrastructure for flood plain mapping, stormwater management facility design and water balance impact assessments.
- Degree in Civil Engineering or Water Resources Engineering (Masters degree will be considered an asset).
- 5 to 7 years of related experience, preferably in a consulting firm.
- Professional Engineer designation (P.Eng).
- Strong working knowledge of applicable software including HEC-2/HEC-RAS, GAWSER, MIDUSS, OTTHYMO, XPSSWMM and MS Office Suite.
- Knowledge of applicable government technical standards and general engineering practices, processes, and legislative regulations.
- Advanced technical writing skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and sound independent judgment and decision making skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with colleagues, staff, and clients, and a “team player” approach to design and problem solving is required.
- A working knowledge of AutoCAD is considered an asset.
How to apply
MTE Consultants Inc.
520 Bingemans Centre Drive
Kitchener, ON N2B 3X9
MTE Consultants will accommodate the needs of qualified applicants under AODA legislation in all parts of the hiring process. Should accommodation be required, please notify our Human Resources department.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No agencies, please.