Design Engineer, Municipal Engineering | London
- Complete designs based on engineering principles for various municipal development projects, meeting applicable regulatory codes and standards, and conveying design information to CAD staff for drafting completion.
- Organize and prepare permit applications with municipalities or agencies.
- Liaise with municipal staff, contractors, and the public and equipment suppliers.
- Preparation of technical design reports and memos.
- Attend and participate in project team meetings and coordinate with team members to ensure efficient and timely delivery of project deliverables.
- Assist with various project management related duties including client communication, project scheduling and proposal preparation, as needed.
- Other related duties, as assigned.
- Degree in Civil Engineering
- Professional Engineer designation (P.Eng)
- 5-15 years of related work experience, specifically with Municipal development projects
- In depth knowledge of underground servicing and municipal road design
- Strong technical report writing skills, as well as written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with various civil design software
- Familiarity with City of London standards
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office software, including Outlook, Excel and Word.
How to apply
MTE Consultants Inc.
520 Bingemans Centre Drive
Kitchener, ON N2B 3X9
MTE Consultants will accommodate the needs of all applicants under the AODA legislation in all parts of the hiring process including recruitment. Should accommodation be required, please notify our Human Resources department.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No agencies, please.